Thursday, March 9, 2017

this happened on the bus

Mr. Steve says in a hushed voice: "I need to talk to you."
My eyes get bigger and I lean into the bus stairwell: "Okay?"
Mr. Steve: "Lola and her boyfriend cannot sit together anymore [my stomach knots at this description of her friend Tucker, but i know its a convenience term], I've been told by other kids on the bus that they both had their pants down and were showing off their behinds at each other."
Me: [completely mortified that she might really have done this and that he is telling me about it] "Oh wonderful, another talk we need to have!" I really didn't know what to say, but felt I had to say something.

So the bus motors off, Lola and I start walking and I asker her about it: "So Lola, did you really pull your pants down in the bus?"
Lola: [not looking at me] "No."
Me: I repeat what Mr. Steve said. "So what happened?"
She then proceeded to mutter something about Tucker and Shayla, so I stopped her and asked again. She denied it.

In better news, she also got a 71 on her math test. She has a spelling test to prepare for on Friday, and now, an apology note to write to Mr. Steve.



No comments:

Post a Comment