Saturday, May 30, 2009

Carlos J. Hernandez 1941-2009


My father, Carlos, passed away on May 17 after suffering a stroke almost a year ago.

He came to this country from Colombia, South America in his mid 20s. He had the good fortune of meeting my mother at a party and they married soon after. He was a carpenter, storyteller, lover of fishing and a good party.

He loved his kids and his grandchild, Jaedin as well as a host of miscellaneous pets and good friends. He was especially close to his two sisters, Leonor and Beatriz - my aunts, who took the very best care of him, in their house, until the end. He was visited by many friends and family in his last days, which brought great comfort to us.

I wish he could have met his granddaughter Lola as well as another granddaughter in the making from Santi, my brother and his wife Bobbi.

I know he is at peace now and will be with us all for the upcoming births.

1 comment:

  1. I remember having a fun time visiting your Dad and cousin in Cambridge when we were in high school. They were working on the house and we had lunch. Your Dad allowed us to move a car in the back of the house and then all of a sudden we were backing into and toppling over a line of motorcycles. Never a dull moment. I was so sorry to hear of his passing and although he may not be able to physically be with you and Santi and your broadening families, he is watching and enjoying. Much love to you, Santi, and your families. Love you, Mindy

    ReplyDelete